Tuesday, December 8, 2009

oops... it's exam week

sometimes, i forget things. important things. like the fact that i had an exam. oh, yes, it's true. read on for the full story...

so, being a somewhat uninterested student, i don't really pay that much attention to my school work. however, come exam week, i usually know when or if i have exams. i may choose not to study for them, but i at least know when to show up. this semester has been one of exceptionally little school work for me. taking only 12 hours and 9 of them in the physical education department, i've been doing pretty much nothing for the last 4 months.

only one of my classes, basic wellness, had an exam listed on the syllabus. easy enough, right? well, about 2 weeks ago, my professor offered to let us take the exam a week early. i was all for this idea because it would allow me to spend all of exam week distracting my friends from studying and reminding them that i had nothing to study for. so i immediately began spreading the word that i had no exams... just to make sure everyone knew. :) however, last week, my professor informed us that she was no longer allowing us to take our exam early and that we must take it during exam week. i'm not really sure if i blocked this from my memory because it was such devastating information or if i just never let it sink in, but whatever the case, i clearly did not retain this important announcement.

i have spent the last three days playing: i have slept, watched tv, spent the night with friends, had a job interview, gone to a tacky christmas sweater party, distracted my friends from studying, played basketball, talked on the phone, etc. this morning i woke up at 10:30 (very lucky considering i didn't set an alarm and intended to sleep most of the day), and after laying in my bed in a comatose state for about 30 minutes, i suddenly had a realization. i have an exam at 2:00 today. so, blogfans, what did i do? you guessed it - shrugged my shoulders and rolled over for another few hours of sleep.

JUST KIDDING! i was tempted to do just that, but instead i took out my study guide, spent about an hour looking up some answers about cardiorespiratory endurance, flexibility, and addiction, took a shower, and went to the exam basically unprepared and completely unworried. and with good reason... the exam took about 20 minutes to complete, and i'm pretty sure my 9 year old cousin could have correctly answered the majority of the questions. what's a college education for, right?!

anyway, i'm thankful to have that exam behind me and glad to return to my safe, happy, little world of no school work and all play. don't worry, pc-ers, i'll be visiting you sometime this week to distract you from your studies. i like to think of myself as a breath of fresh air in the midst of the smog of gross income, the civil war, vectors, and shakespeare (or whatever it is that you people study).

2 comments:

Megan U said...

It's too late for the civil war, and I'm too cool for vectors. However, you may make it in time for Shakespeare :)

Amanda said...

yo rooms, your alarm did go off this morning, you just shut it off. fyi. funny post. love you :).