Saturday, December 26, 2009

imprisoned

okay, blogfans, here's the situation:

i'm spending the night at my aunt's house. she has two dogs; they don't like me, and i don't like them. my aunt and my cousin are at a christmas party, and i just arrived to her house... alone. i'm now sitting upstairs with access to nothing but a computer in an effort to stay away from the dogs. i have the baby gate blocking the stairwell to ensure they stay downstairs and i stay upstairs.

i haven't eaten dinner, but the kitchen is downstairs, clearly the dogs' territory. i would just make a run for the door and come back later, but i am without a car. a different aunt dropped me off here because i'm meeting some friends in the morning and heading to washington, dc for the week.

although i should be in charge here, it is quite obvious that the dogs are ruling the roost right now. i'm a little more afraid of them than i want to admit.

guess i'm about to start making phone calls in order to avoid utter boredom.

update: made one phone call, but my phone died. my aunt still isn't home. i am now reduced solely to the computer for entertainment. be good to me, facebook chat.

0 comments: