Thursday, December 3, 2009

ALL-NIGHTER

Appearantly PC's unofficial declaration of "dead week" is indeed a false statement.  This week, our last week of classes, is supposed to be free of tests, papers, and assignments.  Instead of dreaming right now, I am in the library, where I will be for oh...the next 8 hours, at least.  Yes, it's true.  I'm pulling my first college all-nighter.  Updates to follow...I can only imagine how good the posts will be at 5 am.

1:32 AM: John Solms tells Ashton she has soft hands.

1:37 AM: I just stubbed my toe while sitting down.

2:02 AM: Brittni just punched me.  (It's ok brittni you're forgiven). No worries: I thumped her head really  hard back.  ALSO: done with holocaust paper.  Going to buy a drink in a few minutes.  About to try to get a total of 3 pages in German.  This will be a challenge.

2:28 AM: Why is it that when I'm typing a German paper I can't even notice the typos?  Oh yeah...because I hardly know German at all.  Period.

2:59 AM: 1.5/5 pages in German.  It's looking impossible.

3:39 AM: Considering dropping German on the Internet next semester.  A minor isn't worth this pain... 2 pages done in German.  Calling it quits for the day.  About to head over to the drawing room.

5:30 AM: there is charcoal all over my hands.  I drew 1 pastiche (copy of a famous person's drawing) of a Van Gogh city garden landscape, I sketched 1 cute dress, and drew 1 abstract piece I am going to title "grace."  the theme of my project is "my favorite things" ... yeah...like the song.  maybe some pics can go up later.  can't decide whether or not to go to the library and knock out some germ or take a shower and a power nap now...

6:37 PM...thursday: two naps later, don't feel quite as bad as I could.  The worst hour was between 8 and 9.  Slept so hard that I could have been unconscious.  Art professor told me my drawing was ominous and creepy.  Don't know what that means exactly.  German up to my eyeballs.  Shakespeare objective exam tomorrow.  So glad my life doesn't depend on this.  Praying for God to give me rest even as I'm studying.

11:57 PM...thursday: how does it feel to ring in another sleepless night?  what a vast question.  currently there is some entertainment in the library.  our friends paul and james are taking pictures in christmas sweaters with everyone in the library...even people they don't know!2 more pages left in german, already done studying for shakespeare.  then it'll be a wrap!  PTL



Here's a picture of james and paul with a lady who works in the library.  check out even more pictures on facebook!

1 comments:

Ward said...

Amanda, I've been grumbling all day about my lack of sleep, but now it pales in comparison to your epic all nighter! :) And I wasn't having such a hot day, and this post really really made me laugh! Very very hard!

Just thought you should know :)