Thursday, February 4, 2010

learning connections

recently I have discovered that I subconsciously apply specific methods of learning to various elements of my lifestyle.

a few examples:

in my special education class we learned how to write reflections by answering the questions what?, so what?, now what?, as a way to apply what we're learning to our future classrooms.  instead, i now sometimes study verses of the bible this way during my time with God.

in campus outreach we learned how to have a "first generation" mindset when meeting new people and planning for events and stuff on campus.  basically, this just means to not do things the way they've always been done just because that's the way it's always been; but instead, to plan things and hang out with people in a way that's never been done before.  for my position in zeta, i have to plan bid day and the new member program for next fall.  i met with a girl who's helping me this week and tried to explain to her that i wanted to have a first generation mindset about bid day this year, but i'm not so sure if she understood.

not so sure if these things i'm learning were meant to be applied in different ways, but i'm definitely learning a lot!

0 comments: