Friday, January 22, 2010

plan c

interesting fact about me: i am allergic to wheat, tomatoes, and msg.

because of my allergies, i have a somewhat non-traditional doctor - an applied kinesiologist. what is an applied kinesiologist? well, friends, that explanation needs a post all to itself, and since it isn't really the point of this story, i'm going to leave it a mystery for now. : )

today, while at my check-up with dr. parnell, he and i had the following conversation:

dr. p: so, do you have post-grad plans yet?
me: well, i'd like to live in greenville, and my parents still have some connections there, so i'm hoping to get a job writing for a newspaper or in event planning.
dr. p: hmm...have you thought about grad school?
me: uh, no way. grad school is not an option. plan a is event planning. plan b is a newspaper. it'll be fine. everything will work out.
dr. p: what's plan c? get married?
me: uh....... i guess so.
dr. p: i think you should go with plan c. maybe bump it up to plan a.

thanks, doc. just what i wanted to hear.

0 comments: