Friday, January 15, 2010

??

i have been informed by the authorities (aka my roomie ashton) that it is my turn to blog.  here's a little update on my semester, friends!

  • my classes are interesting, albeit boring.  a personal fav is special education.  why, you ask?  the professor is organized, loves teaching, and told all of us on the first day of class that we'd get an A.  also gotta love linguistics.  i enjoy grammar because i had great teachers in middle school who really stressed learning how to diagram and analyze sentence structure.  linguistics is supposed to be a difficult class, but it's starting off slowly for me so far.  we'll see how that goes!
  • god is really teaching me a lot about resting!  and i am learning how to rest in so many ways.  a lot of times when i think about resting i just want to take a nap, but i am exploring new methods of relaxation.  for example, yesterday lindsay mayo and i explored antique stores in downtown clinton.  expecting to find a great bargain, we left with only a memorable experience (but all of our $$ intact too!).  i have just really felt convicted lately that god deserves me when i am at my best, not when i'm exhausted and my eyelids are drooping!  it is more important for me to love him and know him better than it is for me to make good grades, hangout with people, or try to save the world.
  • community always feels different to me second semester.  the lord is using other people in my life to encourage me and lead me to knowing more of him.  the BJC met last night (holla!!) and we watched both bridgette jones movies, consumed oodles of peanut butter m&ms, sour gummy worms, and sparkling grape juice.  i am constantly reminded of a beautiful verse i memorized last week..."what shall i render to the lord for all his benefits to me?  i will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the lord."  i am really loving where he has me right now!
i am trying to dig through the crevices of my mind to reveal some exciting, silly, or fun story right now to no avail.  but they'll be on the way soon.  love yall!

0 comments: