Tuesday, January 26, 2010

hugs

i LOVE hugs. they are one of my favorite things. i thoroughly enjoy greeting with (or being greeted by) a hug. and when i say hug, i don't mean one of those half-hearted, lame, limp side hugs. i mean a full-frontal, tight-squeeze, you-won't-soon-forget-it hug.

however, i haven't always loved hugs. you can ask my mom if you don't believe me. there was a stretch of my life where i didn't want anyone to touch me - ever, at all. but i am a much more loving person than i used to be.

these days, i feel like i have to make up for lost time by hugging as much as possible. oh, and i like to make as big of a production as possible out of hugging. i think that's why people like my hugs so much... they're just more than you're used to.

here's the real point of this post: tonight, i discovered something about my hugs that i didn't know. my friend kathleen informed me that i make a little noise, a squeal if you will, every time i hug someone. and guess what? she's right! after her observation, i noticed myself squealing each time i hugged someone the rest of the night.

i guess you could say i'm a little weird. (and you'd have a valid point.) but i think the bottom-line is that i just want people to know how much i care about them. and for me, nothing in this world - not time, or gifts, or service, or words - can express love better than a well-executed hug. : )

0 comments: