Sunday, April 18, 2010

my girl janyce

it's ironic that just the other day i posted about having nothing to post about. and this is the second funny story in like four days. gotta love it.

anyway, last night my friend amy and i hung out with her boyfriend, keaton, his brother, kendall, and another friend, derek. kendall was in town for the night, so we thought it would be fun to give him a taste of college life. we played cards for a couple of hours and then decided we needed some snacks. bi-lo closes at midnight, so we loaded up in the spaceship (keaton's transport van from the late 80s/early 90s) and rushed to get there before they closed. we arrived at approximately 11:55 (plenty of time, right?!?), but unfortunately (and potentially unlawfully), they had already locked the doors. however, since i had already set my mind on having ice cream, we decided to trek to the wonderful 24 hour walmart in laurens. after browsing the grocery section of walmart for 15-20 minutes, we settled on our purchases (sunchips and 2 quarts of ice cream) and headed to the checkout station. as we were approaching the checkout lanes, i said, "i wonder if my girl dee is working tonight. if not, i know my girl janyce will be here. we have to go to one of their lines." everyone kind of laughed, but i don't think they realized how serious i was. as we walked closer, however, i noticed that both dee and janyce were working. since dee's line was longer, we chose to checkout with janyce. kendall surprised us by offering to buy all the snacks, so after we dumped everything on the conveyor belt, i walked over to say hi to janyce. the following is the conversation that ensued:

me: hey! how are you tonight?
janyce: i'm pretty good. how are you?
me: great!
janyce: you are extra happy tonight.
me: of course i'm happy! i'm getting ice cream!
janyce: well, where's your reese's cups? something wrong?
me: oh, no. i just figured since someone else was paying, i'd go light and just get the ice cream.
janyce: oh, ok. i knew something had to be up. you always get ice cream and reese's cups.
me: haha. yeah, i know.
janyce: alright, now. you take care.
me: have a good night!
janyce: you too. see you soon.
me: bye!

as we exited the store, the rest of the group seemed shocked that janyce knew what i always purchase. my explanation? "i told you she was my girl." :)

0 comments: