Thursday, April 15, 2010

chasing boys

last night, upon exiting the library at approximately 2 am, my semi-normal life of the past month left, and the crazy, unpredictable, ridiculous, you-won't-believe-the-stuff-that-happens-to-me life came running back.

near the door to the library, there is a hand sanitizer dispenser. for all of you who know my friend walt, you know that he has this really strange obsession with hand sanitizer. so, as walt, chris, natalie, and i are leaving to make a mcd's run, walt fills his palm with foamy, yucky hand sanitizer. (if you've never seen walt's palms... they're huge. so i'm talking a LOT of hand sanitizer.) i don't really think much of it due to his previously mentioned obsession. and then, just as we are walking out the door, he smashes the hand sanitizer all over my face!

naturally, i am not a fan of this decision and immediately commence to fighting him. i only get one good hit in before he takes off running. so what do i do? chase him, of course. let me pause the story for a moment to mention that i was wearing a dress and sandals. with that said, back to the chase. walt is running all over campus - in the grass, around trees, on the sidewalk, around benches - and i am running behind him as fast as i can go in my totally inappropriate attire for the situation. i catch him a few times just long enough to get a hit or two in before he escapes again. well, just as i am really starting to tire him out and pick up the pace, he decides to dash across the lawn. let me remind you that it was 2 am and very dark. so what happened next? i step in a hole and fall!

that's right. you read correctly: i stepped in a hole and fell. and this was not just any fall. it was an all out nose dive, a complete and total face plant. luckily, no one was close enough to actually see what happened. i'm thankful since my dress definitely flew up over my head. i have scratches and bruises on my stomach to prove it. obviously, i did not walk away unscathed. in addition to the stomach injuries, i cut both knees, i have scratches all up and down my legs, both my palms are scratched, and i have cuts on a few of my fingers. i had to go inside, clean up, bandage my wounds, and change clothes before we could go to mcd's. honestly though, the worst part was how stupid i felt. a fall like that will really put one's pride in check.

i think walt felt bad about it, but i don't blame him. i should have remembered mom's advice from my elementary school days: chasing boys always causes trouble. i guess i still haven't learned my lesson. :)

0 comments: