Tuesday, April 27, 2010

end of the semester

a few special things about the end of second semester:

  • study breaks in GDH!  every exam week, PC's student government hosts nightly "study breaks" in the dining hall for us to get some breakfast food, participate in a few food fights, and jam to our favorite tunes.  i will admit i successfully participated in a couple of food fights tonight, going so far as to flick a few grits and some eggs.  though i hear the fight is on, as of now, there is no sight of retribution.
  • moving out...so sad to see smyth 114 totally broken down.  ash's dad came this afternoon and our beds are in different rooms now.  i can't imagine living differently from how we did this year.  ash's and my room was so special--we went so far as to put our desks in the closets.  makes me sad to leave such a sweet roommate with so many memories, but excited for a fresh summer and new year as a JUNIOR (whoop!!)
  • after i complete my exams I'll be headed to the beach!  not just 1 beach but 2!  the fertile myrtle for the first few days then hilton head for the second few days.  who could want more?
  • once again I'll be going to the LP this summer!  Last summer was very challenging for me so I am apprehensive to get pumped for this summer, but I really am learning to trust God...that He can redeem my uneasy feelings and show me more of Himself for the 8 weeks I'm spending in Myrtle Beach this year.  I am praying that God will show me more rest, treasure, and joy in the Gospel this summer!
  • thanks for being such faithful readers!  ash is moving out in 2 days :( but be on the lookout for links to our new blogs :).
Peace and Love!

0 comments: