Tuesday, November 17, 2009

McAwesomeness

A cool and somewhat obscure past Ashton and I share: a history of working for the world's largest fast-food chain--McDonalds! Yup, both of us spent this past summer working at different McDonalds in the Southeast's Mecca of all tourist attractions: Myrtle Beach. Speaking from experience, I think I am about as knowledgeable about the eating habits of travelers from across America as one could be! For example, a Canadian once asked me if we had any berry sauce for our chicken nuggets! If only you could have heard his reaction when I explained to him through the drive-through speaker that no such dipping sauce existed. But let's be real, friends, though McDonalds does sometimes get a bad rep, it isn't such an awful place to work. My hatred of the job during first few weeks of ruining people's lives (aka giving them a Double Cheeseburger instead of a McDouble) evolved into a sort of endearing tenderness towards the restaurant! I now even visit the McDonalds in Clinton instead of hitting up Sonic. Not to mention, I and a few of the girls I worked with stashed up on those Beanie Baby happy meal toys. Let's just say if I ever have children they won't be aching for those precious little stuffed delights. :)

0 comments: